At the helm of delivering world-class dining and cultural immersions for guests, Huka Lodge has announced its updated line-up of curated experiences in partnership with the globe’s most exceptional talent. With never-before launched ski packages and once-in-a-lifetime chef collaborations, the series has been designed to offer guests rich knowledge and connections with its Taupo surrounds.
Halo events across July and August include:
- Four Hands Collaboration Dinner – 28 July
- The Big Red Dinner with guest chef Analiese Gregory – 18 August
- Snow Time Package – now until 22 October
Perfect Pairing: Paul Froggatt & Nic Watt join for The Four Hands Collaboration Dinner
Restaurateur and former Executive Chef of Huka Lodge, Nic Watt, will re-join current Executive Chef, Paul Froggatt in the kitchen for this once-only evening, offering guests a rare collaboration between two of the most renowned culinary perfectionists in the industry.
On Saturday, 28 July, Paul and Nic will create their own unique six-course menu, comprising three signature dishes each served alternately. Inspired by New Zealand’s boutique producers with a strong focus on free-range and organic production, the bespoke menu promises to deliver the finest of the surrounds, from the onsite herb garden to the Lodge’s very own beehives. The special collaboration is a complimentary experience, at no additional cost beyond the normal rate.
A Rare Pour: Guest Chef Analiese Gregory Joins Winemaker Jorge Nunes
One of wine trade’s best-kept secrets will come to life at Huka Lodge on Saturday, 18 August as two unlikely names collaborate for the first time. This year’s Big Red Dinner welcomes winemaker and born-and-bred Portugal native, Jorge Nunes, with highly-acclaimed guest chef Analiese Gregory.
Designed as a culinary expedition guided by Jorge and Analiese, the collaboration delivers a rare glimpse into the stories behind the wine with one-on-one interactions from Jorge who joins Huka Lodge from Hong Kong, where he is based as Asia Pacific Market Manager for the highly prestigious Symington Family Estates.
In her first visit to Huka Lodge, Analiese Gregory, who heads the renowned kitchen at Franklin, Tasmania, will present a one-off five-course menu expertly complementing the notes and rich flavours of fines wines from the Douro Valley, including a range of premium ports from Graham’s. This intimate evening is a complimentary experience, at no additional cost beyond the normal rate.
Unleash with the first-ever Snow Time Package
In a first of its kind for Huka Lodge, the new Snow Time Package takes guests directly to the nearby ski-fields of Turoa and Whakapapa on the slopes of Mt Ruapehu, located in New Zealand’s UNESCO world heritage Tongariro National Park.
With an extended ski season from 2 June to 22 October 2018, the Snow Time Package takes guests straight to the slopes for a day of fun and action before returning to Huka Lodge to luxuriate in its legendary service and some après-ski pampering. The package includes:
- Accommodation for two nights, for two guests, full country breakfasts, picnic hamper for on the slopes, pre-dinner drinks with canapés and five- course dinners during your stay
- Transfers by private vehicle to Tongariro National Park to ski area of your choice
- Kit out in your hired jackets, pants, helmet, goggles and gloves and select your ski boots, poles, skis or snowboard, and pick up a one-day lift pass
- A private lesson with an experienced instructor (for 3 hours)
- At the end of the day, relax and rest during your return journey, by private vehicle, to Huka Lodge.
- Special gift with two woolen beanies and matching scarves
The package starts from NZ$1,477.00 per person, per night in a Junior Lodge.