The Star Sydney has been named a finalist in 11 categories in the distinguished Tourism Accommodation Australia NSW Awards for Excellence 2018.
The Star’s nominations span its luxurious suite of dining, accommodation and leisure options, as well as four deserving staff members, who were nominated for Talent of the Year.
Dino Mezzatesta, COO of Hotels, Retail and Food and Beverage, believes the high number of nominations is testament to The Star’s ongoing commitment to providing Sydney-siders and visitors with memorable and unparalled experiences.
“I’m absolutely thrilled to see The Star named a finalist across so many categories. This year has seen The Star undergo much transformation and new development projects – all aimed at providing an exquisite and more luxurious experience for all our guests and visitors. Our ongoing efforts will no doubt ensure we continue to lead the way in tourism excellence,” he said.
Recognised as the most prestigious hospitality and tourism awards, the TAA NSW Awards for Excellence honour the achievement of excellence in a range of categories in the accommodation industry.
From its dining portfolio, BLACK Bar & Grill, Sokyo and Momofuku Seiobo have been shortlisted for four awards. The Darling is a finalist in two categories across its accommodation and spa offerings, and The Star Sydney’s conference and event product has been nominated for Conference and Events Venue of the Year. From its staff, Kate Watt, Samantha Valente, Judith Mackenzie and Daniel Worsley are finalists in the Talent of the Year category.
Winners of the TAA NSW Awards will be announced at a ceremony hosted at The Star Event Centre on Thursday, 26 July 2018.
This year, The Darling at The Star was awarded five stars by the highly coveted Forbes Travel Guide making it the first and only Sydney hotel to receive top honours. The Star Event Centre was also awarded an accolade for the fourth consecutive year by the prestigious National Meetings & Events Australia (MEA) Awards. This year, it received the award for the Best Event Management Team: In-House Corporate.
The Star has been nominated in the following categories:
- Health Club & Spa Facilities of the Year: The Darling Spa
- Metropolitan Deluxe Hotel of the Year: The Darling Hotel
- Conference and Events Venue of the Year: The Star Sydney
- Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): BLACK Bar & Grill
- Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): Momofuku Seiobo
- Bar of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): BLACK Bar
- Bar of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): Sokyo Bar
- Revenue/Yield Talent of the Year: Kate Watt
- Conference and Events Talent of the Year: Samantha Valente
- Human Resources Talent of the Year: Judith Mackenzie
- Rooms Division Talent of the Year: Daniel Worsley